Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Self-portrait at LaGuardia International Airport, New York City, after 30 hours and 3,000 miles of weather delays, broken planes, reroutings and transfers, involving six airplanes and my bag never arriving when I did... a travel adventure.

My hometown, Annapolis, Md., from 20,000 feet.

My destination, Indianapolis, Ind., from 5,000 feet.

Clouds, a fascination since my first flight 50 years ago, a presence for life lived under big skies in salt marsh, bay and prairie, bring to mind William Eggleston's photographic study, "Equivalencies".

Ramp worker at rest at LaGuardia International Airport, New York.

Kristen Hiller, writer, photographer, colleague and friend for the past two-and-a-half years, off to pursue graduate study at Syracuse.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

love those. did i tell you we once spent an (interesting) evening with egglestone?

Wahokia said...

I bet it was interesting! No. Tell me some time.