Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Short Pump, Virginia

I've lost the little scrap of paper I scribbled everyone's name on. However spurious or misspelled your name may be, please forgive me. I've done the best I can. It is said memory is the second thing to go. I can't remember what is first. Please let me know and I'll correct them.

There are 21 people at the Daily Grind this evening for an hour of coffee and conversation. It's the largest gathering we've had in the few weeks Sam and Alison have been holding the Wednesday evening event. Leann, center, holds Mizzel while her husband Jacob looks on. The couple is from Louisiana and new to the area. This is the second time they have participated in the group.

Ellen, right, met Mizzel at a church work camp this past week and brought the toddler home with her for a visit.

Shannon, left, fresh off a trip from Florida for a visit to Disney World is tired. She is also intent, determined not to smile no matter how much her mother Stephanie, right, encourages her ...

... Shannon is challenged and struggles to keep control, but it appears that a smile may bust out any moment ....

... ah, it does! Just one, tired or not. For obvious reasons, Shannon is one of my favorite people to photograph.
All photographs takes with a Leica M8

No comments: